Search Right-Wing Genius's Blog

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Bring Back Judging!

I love Adam Carolla. Between him and Greg Gutfeld, FOX News has almost cornered the market on sapient social commentary.

Last night on The O’Reilly Factor, Bill O’Reilly invited Carolla to "talk directly to" Orlando Shaw, a deadbeat father of 22. Here's the segment:

I quite agree, except it wasn’t just some idiot; there were a lot of idiots—and even some smarter but nonetheless misguided fools—who convinced the lot of us that it was wrong to "judge" people.
 
Yes, Jesus did say, "Judge not, that ye be not judged," but I don’t read this as an admonition not to judge others; it's an admonition against hypocrisy. There are many circumstances under which it’s entirely appropriate for human beings to sit in judgment of others. How else could we have trial by jury?
 
I also think Carolla was too kind about the use of a Denver boot as a chastity belt. If it were up to me, then I’d see that Mr. Shaw undergo an orchiectomy. I would much rather my tax dollars pay for that than to take care of his indigent brood. (I’d pay for the costs of the operation, but if Orlando wants to anesthetized, then he’ll have to pay for that himself.) Then I'd put him in a work camp so he could begin to pay off his debt. If at some point he is able to secure gainful employment, then he might be released from his forced servitude, and we could simply garnish his wages.
 
Carolla is right that "we need to bring back judging." Every time in my life that I've heard someone say, "Don't you judge me," or "How dare you judge me!" or something similar, it was said by someone who clearly didn't want to take responsibility for his/her actions. If we refuse to judge those who are in the wrong, then they either won't realize the error of their ways or they will, but they'll have no impetus to change.
 
But, remember the words of Jesus. Worry about the mote in your own eye before you go around concerning yourself with the motes in others' eyes. And, to all the Orlando Shaws out there, as my mother would say, "If you can't feed 'em, then don't breed 'em!"

No comments:

Post a Comment